Thursday, June 23, 2011

Another milestone

When you're a parent you measure your child's first few years of life by the milestones they reach. I have joyfully ticked them off or charted them down, until Saturday morning when Dan came home with Emma's big girl bed. Yes, there were tears shed as the crib was taken down and the big bed was put in its place. She may be a big 2 year old, but seeing her in a double bed just doesn't seem right. I also have not slept right since the we made the big switch. The novelty of being able to get out of her bed is fun for her, but driving me crazy. My Little Ponies are sitting on top of the fridge to see if we can "bribe" her into sleeping through the night. At least she's a sweetheart at night and I'm her favorite person....we sleep cheek to cheek and she'll rub my back all night long!!!

"What did you bring, Daddy?"

"Oooo, a big girl bed"


She was so excited she wanted to help

Drake can finally sleep with Emma!!!

Not such a happy camper after the first nap in her new bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment