Friday, June 3, 2011

Goodbye Again!


After a wonderful month of visiting with TeTe (Lauren) and Uncle Spence (Arron), it was time to say goodbye again to them this morning. As a very close family, our goodbyes are always hard and now that Emma is old enough and aware of people being here it was specifically hard to watch her say goodbye to 2 people she loves so dearly. All the great memories from their trip are what kept me from breaking down on the drive home from Charleston Airport. I did have my moment after reading a sweet letter TeTe left for Emma on her table. We read the letter together tonight while doing our bedtime routine. I couldn't help but feel a huge empty spot in my heart knowing they would not be watching TV when i walked out of the room. As the tears come flooding down, sweet Emma looked at me and said "Don't cry Mommy, I'll keep you safe. I'll keep you Mommy". Well I am most certain she will keep me...and keep me safe, she's not far from doing that either. I know I am blessed when my little 2 year old understands and then consoles me. It doesn't get much sweeter than that! Enjoy a few pictures of the last month with TeTe and Uncle Spence....


African slippers sent from Gran and Damps

Play time with Uncle Spence

Target Love - She already knows how to work the system to get presents!

Time to play tennis - Uncle Spence gives Emma her first raquet

Music time...look at the admiration on Emma's face



TeTe loves to color and spent many hours with Emma on the floor

Beach time!




Fried chicken and Blue dogs...love the South!

Visiting Mema (my 94 year old grandmother)



First water park trip of the summer...and it was with TeTe!

1 comment:

  1. Such special memories. Emma will enjoy looking at all the pictures :-) x

    ReplyDelete