Monday, May 9, 2011

Catching up...


Since I am new at this blogging world. I ask that you bear with me through confusing posts! I was hoping to catch everyone up to date, so that I can begin my blog. My aim is to have a daily post along with some pictures from our day. We may miss a few, we may get lost in the mumbo-jumbo of life, but I do hope you will follow along with me and hopefully enjoy a little look into our lives...

We have had the joy of Emma's (aka, Pokey) company for almost 2 years now. I can only say that it feels like yesterday we welcomed her into our lives. She has been a precious joy and a treasure from above. The Lord knew what he was doing when he placed that little one in my arms. Each day is a new journey with her, and I do wake up (on most mornings) looking forward to her smile and chatter. With the terrible two's only weeks away, some days are a struggle as we move in and out of temper tantrums and independence. She loves to look at me and say "No, Emma do it". I can not count how many times a day we hear that little statement.

Emma was born with a bicuspid aortic valve and has been seeing a cardiologist at MUSC since she was only 3 months old. It was determined at birth when her pediatrician heard a heart murmur. Since this runs in our family, we all thought it was just a minor heart murmur. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a little more than that. Even though she lives a completely normal life and can do all the activities she enjoys, we do have to keep it in our mind and prayers. Our next appointment will be July 14, when we will know a little more. I promise to keep you "posted" on that.









Otherwise, life is as normal as we know it and I look forward to have this little space to share it all with you. Thanks for following and I do hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment