Sunday, July 3, 2011

Swim Taylor, Swim!

Growing up I  swam for the Balmoral swim team for many years in Queenstown, South Africa. It was a love of mine and I thoroughly enjoyed that time in my life. Yes, even when my "American" father would do laps around the pool while i swam - at least he was there and cheering me on!!! About 2 years ago my oldest step daughter started swimming and has become a great swimmer. She swims year round in her home town of Dubuque, Iowa and then joins the local summer swim team, Newington Tigersharks for the summer. It's been a pleasure to watch her swim and it only makes me wish I could be right there in the pool with her.  Who knows maybe it will spark a fire in me to join the Master's swim team at the YMCA?! I am so proud of her and look forward to watching her swim many more years...GO TAYLOR! SWIM, SWIM, SWIM!

Nervous for her backstroke swim!

15/18 Tigershark Girls

Get Set.....

Go Taylor!


Breaststroke...our favorite stroke!

No comments:

Post a Comment